Saturday, May 23, 2009

Reupholstery Project Part III- slow and steady

I began this project here. It has been fun and challenging and it has gone much, much slower than I thought! But when I was beginning to feel discouraged I came across this post by Melissa .
It was so inspiring and great comments by Layla.
That was all I needed to keep me trudging along. So I finished the upholstery part of ONE chair today.
This is without the "t" shaped box chair pad that I worked on for 6 hours last Saturday. Once I finished I put it on and it just looked not right. My next step is to go back and redo that.

Below is picture of what it looks like without a skirt. This is how hubby prefers it.

Here is a pic with the skirt (unhemmed and pinned on). I love how it looks!

Which do you prefer? With or without the skirt? Remember none of the pictures have the chair pad pictured, so it is a bit unproportioned.

7 comments:

liz said...

i vote no skirt. it looks cleaner and will make the room feel bigger. do frilly things with the pillows. the feet of the chair are so nice and classic.

tammy said...

I am plain and simple so for my tastes I say no skirt. You have a very quiet elegance in your home that I adore. The skirt may draw attention away from the many other beautiful details in the room.

Unknown said...

his & her is my vote!!

Melissa said...

thank you for the shout-out! You are doing great! I love the chair and I vote skirt. I love how clean, crisp, and new it is looking!

G and G Nut said...

Jen,
The chair looks fabulous! I'm a pretty plain Jane, so I would probably vote with Mark, but the other would be darling too.
Karen

Victoria Hayden said...

I found you on TCB where you left a sweet comment about my blog. I love what you did! I have done a slipcover and a reupholster on 2 chairs I have and it does teach you alot! I love the skirt! I think it adds an extra detail of pretty! If you visit my blog again look at my 'Before and After' post, it will show the chairs I did. I would like to follow you, but I don't see where I can add you? Are you LDS as well? I am too and it is always nice to meet other members! Have a great day and can't wait to see the final result! Make sure you entered the giveaway on my blog if you haven't already. :)

Hugs,
~Victoria~

Anonymous said...

I love the skirt, so chabby chic.

Janice In Missouri