Thursday, January 31, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Yesterday I was excited to get my blog swap package! Yay!
The blog swap was "Let's Get Organized" hosted by Stephmodo. I love to organize and was so elated to put a box together for someone special in Oregon. Getting something in return was just a bonus, a fabulous bonus at that! Here is what I got!
- a great basket (where I have too many ideas of what to do with it right now)
- a gorgeous Wedgewood jewelry box (I think she went over the $ limit with this alone)
- a chocolate brown journal ( I've already written in it)
- jewel tone box set (Who doesn't love IKEA?)
- two pot holders (I asked for some for Christmas and did not get any, how'd she know?)
- a matching apron (perfect for ALL the bakers in my house)
Thank you Arya! I am soooo lucky. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
- These bookshelves were never intended to be painted, no matter how much you sand and prime.
- When there is a will, there is a way!
- I can actually miter corners.
- My children use their imaginations when I am immersed in projects.
- This room makeover definately bonded my E. and I!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Second, I have a new "do". I have been lookin' since the "Victoria Beckham" is everywhere. I now have the new "Katie Holmes" do, the one parted in the middle with bangs. I love it!
Third, I finished shopping for my first blog swap ever! It was an organization swap and I am so excited to ship it off to my partner! Thanks to Stephmodo for hosting! Yay!
Friday, January 18, 2008
here for just $7.99 a yard. With some scrap polka dot fabric and some 75% off pink trim, voila!
Below is a picture of my own dressing table as a teen. I have sanded it and it is also ready to be primed and painted black. This will be next to her bed.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Click on the pictures to view bigger if you'd like.
It has been a few days since we have seen the sun here in Northern California. As I look out my window and see fog to the ground I remember a spring day when my backyard was at it's best. This was a bridal shower and a dream come true for me. When I designed our yard I had a garden party such as this in mind. I think back to the blushing bride, the variety of pink roses and the delicious food. Memories like this make the dreary days a little brighter...
...the sun will come again.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
It has been an emotional rollercoaster for me, but about two weeks ago I felt strongly "do not worry, it will not happen anyway". Hubby definately DID NOT have that same feeling. So it became the whole "is this inspiration or is it wishful thinking?" We were planning a trip to the temple today, to be closer to the Spirit, and try to know Heavenly Father's will. Last night Hubby came home and said, "we are NOT going to Japan any time this year or even early 2009". He then walked away, not because he was mad, but because I had a friend over and we were watching a movie and he did not want to interrupt (very thoughtful).
I hit PAUSE and said, "you can't just leave me hanging like that!" It turns out...a partner in his firm (he is a CPA) really was the frontrunner of us going to Japan. She is also in charge of all the secondments from their office. Well, someone higher than her told her it is not the time for Hubby to go and said to put it on hold for at least a year! BIG RELIEF!
There it is! He and I will still go in April, but now I can go without all the pressure of knowing we would be living there four short months later. I am really, really happy! I would have gone and been okay and probably loved it...but for now I am happy right where I am!
A few of you have asked how I made my new banner. A couple things to say about it before I give you the info. I coveted all the individualized blogs and wanted to make my own and know that if I took a picture of what I wanted it would be easy for me. So I went around photographing little "diorama" vignettes and trying to get the size right...waste of time! Second, I want to thank you for loving it as much as I do. I had taken this picture in Montmartre and new I would use it for something special in the future. OK, here it goes...
- Find the perfect picture (if it is a hard copy you will need to scan it in).
- Make a copy of your picture because any alterations you do will change the original image.
- My operating system is Windows Microsoft/Vista. Most basic photo software has this capability, we probably just didn't know it was there. You may need to look through your programs a bit.
- After clicking on the picture, look for a pencil or a paintbrush on your toolbar or I had to hit open and the word "paint" came up.
- Once you are in the paint section, the possibilities are endless. If you hit the "A" (text) it will let you type in using font - like in my banner-for "not my dress" I used the spray paint icon and for "just a peak" I used the pencil icon.
- Once you are happy with your creation, save it and remember where you save it to.
- Now go onto your "dashboard" into layout. If you click edit on "header" you will see you can either get a photo from your computer or the internet.
- Grab your photo and hit "instead of header" and it should work for you. Easy schmeezy!
Just experiment and have fun! I hope it works for you like it did me!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
It is very sad...the second size did not fit. It just is not meant to be. I am only out $25 but now have to go find something to wear. Thanks to all of my friends who thought I would look beautiful in that gorgeous frock! :( Not to float my own boat but this new size was generous in every spot except for my rib cage, that is where it did not fit. Isn't that supposed to be our slimmest point of our body.???I told the nice lady at Shabby Apple that this dress is cut too narrow! it makes me feel better to blame the designer
Thank you to my "fairy godneighbor"! I have the best friend that happens to live across the street. She is always letting me dash over in a tizzy and she always says the right thing. I really challenged her today as she came up with so many solutions to my situation (many included embellishments). All I could do was pout and say, "i'm just sending them back". Stay tuned to see what I really end up wearing...hubby said, "Just wear what you wore last year." HA!
For *2008* I am so excited that they have a Martha Stewart layout. If you love the Martha Stewart line from Michael's, the entire book is made up of the same patterns, colors and elements. So beautiful!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Thought this was the PERFECT occasion to post the world's worst picture of myself! Why waste time looking for the perfect picture when all of the bad ones get left out? Enjoy!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
- Be a "happier" mom; having more fun with my kids and talking to them in a sweeter tone.
- Not take things personally when it comes to hubby. I rarely ever take things personally from other women (which is somewhat unique) but I overcompensate when it comes to my marriage.
- Attend the temple monthly, if not more.
- Stylize my blog! I know it may sound silly, and this is where I need your help! I love everyone's individualistic banners and backgrounds, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to do it. If you can offer me any help, please respond. Thank you so very much!
Of course I always want to be the best person I can be (physically, spiritually and emotionally) and have some fun along the way. What are your thoughts for the New Year?
Which brings me to another matter!!!! This Saturday is hubby's "Winter Ball" at the W Hotel in San Francisco. It is quite a swanky event. Of course I put off trying to find a dress. I found this dress late Saturday night here.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Well we certainly had a relaxing trip to Southern California! We were visiting my hubby's family. While the kids were playing with many new toys and hubby was bonding with his father watching The History Channel, I snuck into my in-laws movie cabinet and picked out four of my favorites. I watched all four movies, in a row, while laying in bed in the guestroom. Ahhhhhh! Now that is what I call heaven!
As if I didn't lay around enough watching movies, I also read this cute book in just two days. The first one, A Girl Like Moi, was fun also. I totally recommend them both. Click here for Lisa Barham's website.