Saturday, January 12, 2008

Japan Update

I have not discussed the possibility of going to Japan again since my first cry for help. It is because I needed time to process all of the wonderful comments, advice and encouragement everyone has given me. Funny thing is EVERYONE (except two friends) gave me 100% encouragement. Two honest gals said, "I couldn't do it" and "think long and hard, is your marriage strong enough?" Thank you ALL for your honesty!!!!!!

It has been an emotional rollercoaster for me, but about two weeks ago I felt strongly "do not worry, it will not happen anyway". Hubby definately DID NOT have that same feeling. So it became the whole "is this inspiration or is it wishful thinking?" We were planning a trip to the temple today, to be closer to the Spirit, and try to know Heavenly Father's will. Last night Hubby came home and said, "we are NOT going to Japan any time this year or even early 2009". He then walked away, not because he was mad, but because I had a friend over and we were watching a movie and he did not want to interrupt (very thoughtful).

I hit PAUSE and said, "you can't just leave me hanging like that!" It turns out...a partner in his firm (he is a CPA) really was the frontrunner of us going to Japan. She is also in charge of all the secondments from their office. Well, someone higher than her told her it is not the time for Hubby to go and said to put it on hold for at least a year! BIG RELIEF!
now i can keep my perfect job

There it is! He and I will still go in April, but now I can go without all the pressure of knowing we would be living there four short months later. I am really, really happy! I would have gone and been okay and probably loved it...but for now I am happy right where I am!
Thanks for listening to my drama!
I promise my "creative" posts will be back soon...I have been working on some BIG projects.

6 comments:

tammy said...

I think the hardest part of this entire thing was that you needed to accept something that seemed so frightening to you and trusted in Heavenly Father.

Oh, does this mean we are back on for September Disney?!?!? Just a thought!!!!

Hatch Family said...

glad you are staying and i'm sure there are other exciting opportunities in the future for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Jen sounds like a relief for you and that's such a good thing :) Jenn and Jacqui

Unknown said...

Jen, I am glad that things are in a place you feel good about! (And of course glad that I won't be losing my neighbor... at least for the next year or 2!) xo

Stephanie said...

Jen, I am glad you have a decision. Sometimes the hardest part is not knowing. Now you can keep your job share! Yeah!! I really like the changes to your page. Stephanie B.

melissa said...

I'm glad you've come to peace with the possibility of going, and that you'll get to stay where you are for a bit longer.