A few of you have asked how I made my new banner. A couple things to say about it before I give you the info. I coveted all the individualized blogs and wanted to make my own and know that if I took a picture of what I wanted it would be easy for me. So I went around photographing little "diorama" vignettes and trying to get the size right...waste of time! Second, I want to thank you for loving it as much as I do. I had taken this picture in Montmartre and new I would use it for something special in the future. OK, here it goes...
- Find the perfect picture (if it is a hard copy you will need to scan it in).
- Make a copy of your picture because any alterations you do will change the original image.
- My operating system is Windows Microsoft/Vista. Most basic photo software has this capability, we probably just didn't know it was there. You may need to look through your programs a bit.
- After clicking on the picture, look for a pencil or a paintbrush on your toolbar or I had to hit open and the word "paint" came up.
- Once you are in the paint section, the possibilities are endless. If you hit the "A" (text) it will let you type in using font - like in my banner-for "not my dress" I used the spray paint icon and for "just a peak" I used the pencil icon.
- Once you are happy with your creation, save it and remember where you save it to.
- Now go onto your "dashboard" into layout. If you click edit on "header" you will see you can either get a photo from your computer or the internet.
- Grab your photo and hit "instead of header" and it should work for you. Easy schmeezy!
Just experiment and have fun! I hope it works for you like it did me!