Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Beijing- Here We Come!


This map represents how I feel right about now...
It's been a long time coming but we are headed East to visit Beijing in just four short days! We found out yesterday, so my organization skills are being tested with arranging all the details in such a short amount of time!
But I am excited, despite the fact that I can't fly business class :( Don't judge, in times of uncertainty we grasp onto the oddest things.
It will just be hubby and I, which will be nice. The in-laws have graciously rearranged their lives to come up and supervise the kiddos for the week we are gone.
What I am excited about:
  • a long flight where I can watch and read whatever I want.
  • seeing the executive lounges that hubby always brags, I mean talks, about.
  • staying in a nice hotel in a big city I've never been to before.
  • trying new food (see below).
  • meeting my "email buddies", who are sisters from church ,who've already welcomed me with open arms.
  • seeing this place and this place in person. They seem amaaaaazing!

What I am not so excited about:

  • a long flight where I am in an uncomfortable seat.
  • being in a big city where I don't read or speak the language.
  • trying new food.
  • finding out we can't live where we want to live or send the kids to the school we want to send them to. (cross your fingers) . My pre-planning often leads to disappointment down the road.
  • Jet Lag!
  • MISSING MY KIDS!!!!

If you are ready for the adventure of My life I will take you with me every step of the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen - i love that this is the adventure of a lifetime!!! What an amazing thing you guys are doing.
-Lynne