Monday, March 16, 2009

Week 2 Update- March Madness

This month I am trying something crazy, check it out here. Week 2 started out awesome! Last Sunday a friend brought me a box of chocolates just because she read my blog and read how hard it was to go without chocolate. Then another neighbor was leaving for two weeks and brought over all her groceries that would go bad. What a huge blessing! I am grateful to friends who support me through this little experiment.
Saturday hit and all of a sudden powdered milk and baking bread did not seem as luxurious as it did on March 1st. So I went to Costco and bought bread, milk, eggs, clementines and lettuce. The grand total was $30. Now I feel I really can make it to the end of the month. We will see!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am leaving a comment! Thanks so much for your help yesterday. You are a lifesaver!

tammy said...

You can do it!!! Keep up the great work!!! <3 ya!!!

Silcox Stories said...

You are amazing! I think buying staples like bread and milk does not in anyway count against your experiment. I'm impressed to say the least!

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

Whoa, you're so lucky to have neighbors like that.. I hope you can reach your goal..

Anonymous said...

I grew up in powdered milk! yuck! This is so good and a reminder to us all to be prepared!