Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Harajuku Girls

On a recent trip to Tokyo we discovered the enchanting district of Harajuku. The area is known internationally for its youth style and fashion. Japanese Harajuku Girls and Harajuku Style has been used to describe teens dressed in many fashion styles ranging from Gothic Lolita (also gothic loli) Visual Kei, Ganguro, Gyaru, Kogal, to "cute" Kawaii style clothing.
*The Harajuku Girls are four young Asian back up dancers featured in stage shows and music videos for American pop singer Gwen Stefani. The women also act as an entourage at Stefani's public appearances.*
I discovered these little cuties. Gwen Stefani created a perfume franchise. I often choose my perfume by the bottle (just like I choose a book by its cover) and these not only look cute, but you are sure to find a fragrance you like out of the five. Let me introduce you to them.


This adorable set is each fragrance in solid form. I came to ♥ solid perfume as it does not go bad quickly, it is easy to throw in your purse and it does not stain clothes. Love it!



This one is "G". It is the tropical smelling with coconut flavors.


This is "Baby". Much like "Love's Baby Soft" from the olden days, powder flavors.

This is "Lil' Angel", my personal favorite, feminine and fruity.


This is "Music", my daughter's favorite. Definitely is the musky of the family.


This is "Love". Also a favorite of mine with floral flavors.

Hopefully you think these are as adorable as I do. I saw them at both Macy's and Nordstrom. Nordstrom has some really cool gifts with purchases coming up.
Enjoy shopping!








6 comments:

♪Emmy♪ said...

my fave are all of them!!!!!!! baby would be my least fav but it still smells good!!!

Shauna said...

Lil Angel is my fav! But they are are cute!

Unknown said...

I have never seen these before! So cute! Your twilight experience sounds crazy! I am so excited for the movie...I am getting lost in the book again before I go see it.

Jan said...

These look addicting. So very cute and sweet. Perfect for the girls.

Mimi said...

Hi Jen,
Those are sooo cute. I was thinking about you today, did you know that the SF event you went to made it onto E! News. haha. I was looking for you. Well, I'm doing good here, I'm feeling so much better now that the sickness has passed. I'm glad I can enjoy this pregnancy now. That is something you can talk about in your book too, you know pre-pregnancy, pregnancy and post-pregnancy and all the weight issue that come along with it. Just a thought. Hope you are doing well.

Kari said...

Thanks for the tip! Very cute... I will have to check it out.