Here is my bed. I really love my bedframe but have always struggled with just the right bedding. I am really lucky to have a husband that does not mind "girly" beds! This is a comforter I found here that I have used ever since my real ($$$) Shabby Chic Duvet shredded itself. The details are hard to see but I loved the vintage print on this comforter and was kinda done with duvets for a while. Notice no dust ruffle. With dual adjustable beds it took me two whole years to have the nerve to cut a dust ruffle down the middle.
I have been eyeing this Rachel Ashwell bedding at Target for a while now because it was the perfect mix of robin egg blue and pink. Thanks to some generous students I was able to buy the Duvet Set that came with two shams with Christmas gift cards! Good deal! I simply velcroed the old comforter inside this duvet and voila! The pink ticking dust ruffle was a hand-me-down that sat in my closet for two years. I really love the new look...and on a budget!
Besides fresh bedding, here are a few other things I have checked off my January list (maybe you can get some ideas too)~
- organized our medicine cabinets and discarded any expired meds.
- sorted through the linen closet and moved the "worn" towels to the garage as rags.
- sifted through every toy, trinket and treasure in the 7 year old's room. (filled 3 garbage bags and 3 donation bins AND found his missing IPOD)
- reorganized my craft closet.
- finished my 2008 Shutterfly "year"book and began my 2009 one.
- saved all of my advertisement emails (not SPAM) and unsubscribed myself to each of them.
- sorted through the kids art cabinet.
- went through my "inspiration" box (extra special cards, letters, etc) and scanned them into the computer for safe keeping.
- in our church we serve in callings, I tend to keep things that I may need. I finally recycled all out of date church supplies and got rid of items that were not applicable anymore.
Do you have any organization or renewing rituals that you do at the beginning of the year?
Next week = rose pruning!