Sunday, December 1, 2013

Ornament A Day~ 1

Welcome to an "Ornament A Day"!
Each day I will post a picture of an ornament on my tree and tell the story behind it. If you are like me, your Christmas tree is a journal of friends and wonderful memories. What other way to honor that by sharing it and documenting it here? 

If you would like to join in, PLEASE DO! You can share yours on your blog, comment section of my blog, Facebook, Google +, Instagram...anywhere! Just be sure to use the #ornamentaday and tag @jenbottom me so we all can see it too! 

Sure this is a funny looking guy with a broken wing, but this is from my parents first Christmas tree when they were newly married SIXTY YEARS ago! 
Many things on my tree, you will see, are because of my mom. She is a very creative, giving and loving person who really struts her stuff during Christmastime. I am grateful that she has had such an impact on my life and I hope to be such a positive impact on my children's lives. 

2 comments:

Tammie said...

I'm looking forward to your posts of your different ornaments. I'm new to Christmas (my husband celebrates Christmas), so I don't have the history of ornaments like you. We are creating new stories as we try to pick up an ornament from each place we travel to. Thanks for sharing.
Tammie Macdonald

john:and:aim said...

Love it! How neat that you have a little of your parents wit you each and every year :)