I have been going through a bit of an identity crisis.
Let me lay it our for you:
- People generally describe me as "fun" or "happy". I would tend to agree.
- I have great faith, but like all, sometimes stumble on the journey.
- I have supportive family and friends all around me.
- I worked hard to become a stay-at-home mom after teaching school for 10 years, now I work part-time.
- I am having a difficult time defining myself at this point in my life, I am 36.
- I am in mourning that my children are not "little" anymore, they are 7 1/2 and 11.
- My part-time teaching job is being taken from me due to budget cuts.
- Despite my life being "full" I struggle with filling it with meaningful things. It's almost like I have the time, but not the direction.
- I feel lonely and guilty most of the time.
- What makes me happy (besides my family and faith)?
- What are my goals? What do I want to "do"?
- How can I still be a good role model for my children when I am going through this weird transition?
- How do I move forward when money is tighter than ever for us?
Can you relate? I know that other women must go through this sort of thing too. What helped you? Any words of wisdom on finding joy in the journey?
I feel weird putting myself "out there" like this, so be nice! :)