Draw closer to Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ
Feel the influence of the Spirit.
Build friendships and unity
Appreciate God's creations.
- NO worldly distractions. I even tried hard NOT to talk about Twilight!
- EVERYTHING we did fell into two categories. 1) Knowledge we could use in this life and the next and 2) Serving others. It made me think that many things I do (although they may not be bad) do not fall into these two categories.
- Morning scripture study scheduled everyday. I learned I need to schedule these times so that they do not slip away.
- Being surrounded by worthy young women who love their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
Some of my very favorite moments of camp were:
- Meeting and getting to know the amazing girls I was with. I felt a deep love for each of them by the end of the week. I will continue to pray for each of them and hope to see them back next year.
- The young bride and groom who came to speak to all the young women!
- The Liahona ceremony, I really want to be a part of it someday!
- Values night.
- Singing in the outdoor chapel.
- Chatting with an unbelievable girl from my ward on the hike!
- Every single conversation I had was inspired. While lying in the nurses shack all day, a few girls came in for different reasons. I was able to chat with each of them. What a huge blessing that was!
- I feel bonded with all the women up there, especially my co-counselor and the women from my ward.
Next year I will:
- Bring my OWN camera!
- Bring shorts for the car ride home.
- Make sure my husband has the address and FORCE him to write to me before I leave! I really missed him and really wanted to hear from him!
- Try really hard not to get sick!
I found myself missing of course my family, but many of my friends too. I pictured many of you up there with me and thought about what a great example you would be to the girls. When you find something you love you want to share it with those you love! That is why I can't wait to go back to camp again next year...if they'll have me!