Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jolly Old England!

It's probably a giant case of Royal Weddingitis, but the thought has crossed my mind, "Why can't we be moving to London instead of Beijing?" The couple of times I traveled to London I thought, "I could live here, I should live here". I've always loved European architecture, European history, European decor and of course European food!... Asian? Not so much!


But, nevertheless, the plan for now does not include anything European...so day in and day out my mind plans and tries to predict what life will be in just a couple of months. Here are some things that keep me up at night. I know there is no use stressing over it, but I am grasping at anything to control right now.

(not in any particular order)



  • Every place we looked at had water coolers. How will I get my water refills? Will I go pick them up (really heavy) or have them delivered with no ability to communicate?


  • Will my email work there? It is my only sure fire way to communicate back home. If my email does not work, I will freak out!


  • Where will I buy a blowdryer when I get there?


  • What will the walk to the kids' bus stop be like?


  • Will the gym have windows? I know this is really superficial but one of the housing complexes we looked at had the most dungeoness gym possible. I knew I would NEVER go workout there. So I am very curious if the place we chose will have a sunny gym (it was not complete when we toured).


  • What and how will I cook dinner?

That is it for now!

No comments: