Friday, April 25, 2008

Copy Cat

Photo: the cottage nest
As I was doing my normal "blog jog" I found the above photo here.
At first I commented on the gorgeous windows, but I found I could not get the pictures and their arrangement out of my mind! This picture served as the inspiration for below.

Here is a landing at the top of our stairs. Cute, but so much more potential. I really wanted the frames to look like I had collected them from various flea markets, but did not have the patience to do so. When I want to copy something I want to do it NOW!

After a great trip here I found all of these frames for under $6 a piece. Right now they are mostly empty or sporting the fashionable "picture frame models".

Soon they will have black and white pictures of ancestors. Except for the four on the side walls, which I had elsewhere around the house and grabbed them for this vignette.

I am almost completely happy with it. In the future I would like to:

  1. replace pad and pillows with an updated color scheme. I am thinking creams and greens (maybe a slight hint of pink)
  2. add chunky moulding around the window
  3. collect more gold toned frames to add to the collection
    Hubby has been out of town all week, we shall see if he likes it...

A big thank you to THE COTTAGE NEST for the inspiration!

6 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Jen- I love it! You did a great job. I emailed you back the other day. Maybe it went into your spam filter? Glad you went ahead and posted it. Jen

Unknown said...

Jen - that looks SO great! I LOVE it!!!

Unknown said...

Jen - that looks SO great! I LOVE it!!!

Jan said...

wow. That looks really nice Jen. It will be one of those spots that you will just enjoy looking at and also sitting and enjoying. Way to go and be inspired by some great blog friends. Thats what it is all about.

Natasha Burns said...

your landing is fab Jen! I would cosy up there no problem at all, and if tea was included on that lovely tray all the better!

Anita said...

Aren't you both clever! It really warms up that space. What fun now to choose just which pictures to put in those frames.