Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day

I hope you are all celebrating Earth Day by enjoying nature in some way. These Cecil Brunner roses have always been a favorite of mine. They are petite, pastel and the most gorgeous fragrance!


While I was taking an afternoon rest I meandered onto the Ellen Show. She had a guest who inspired me. His message today was about love and gratitude. In this day of everyone speaking "green" he said something along the lines of ~ yes global warming is
something we have to fight, but since we are such a violent people we should also focus our energy on getting rid of hatred. Hatred is what could potentially kill all mankind, in war, before global warming will.~ Okay, that was a major paraphrase and he said it much better! Check out the video clip linked and I hope it is inspiring to you as it is to me!

3 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Happy Earth Day to you too, I didn't realise it was E.D so I didn't spend it outside, oops!! Thanks for the link, will go check it out

Jan said...

I watched him too. I hardly ever watch tv at that time, but I was able to see this man. He inspired me too. I loved what he had to say about the earth and hatred. It made sense to me. I like how he challenged us to do something for someone first thing in the morning. Thanks for this.

Marilyn said...

Jen, I was looking over my comments from past posts, and found a comment from you that I had missed. And now I see that Jan reads your blog, I love Jan.

Anyways, thank you for your kind words and for visiting my blog.

I will be checking here on your blog too because you love beautiful things and so do I. We have that in common.