Saturday, September 13, 2008

St. Thomas V- Charlotte Amalie

Our first week of vacation was up and we needed to go on over to the Marriott hotel for one night. So we packed up and decided to go to the historical part of town. We really wanted to see the 99 steps that leads to Blackbeard's Castle (pictures to follow). Downtown is so beautiful and the architecture is vibrant and breathtaking. Disneyland really got it right in New Orleans Square.

So we head up the ancient steps anticipating how cool the pirate hideout will be, only to find it is CLOSED! Ugh! It is not only closed, but there is a way to get up there that does not require hiking!

So what is a girl to do? Go shopping! Of course, they try to lure you into all the jewelry shops (nothing like Hong Kong though). It is a good thing that I am not a jewelry lover or else I would've been aboslutely over the moon.
sorry there are no pictures on this post, I will upload them and add them soon.
Now we are back at the Marriott Villa and we are glad to have our huge two bedroom. three tv, full kitchen, and washer and dryer back. I know, I know...I am spoiled! We are looking forward to our second week!

1 comment:

tammy said...

I am waiting for that special picture!!!