Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Bookshelf Make♥over

The aqua room is put back together, however I have wanted to do a bookshelf makeover also! With a pile of "donation books" on the floor, I sought out to find inspiration for my blank canvas. Below is what I found. Each has great qualities, I just did not find that "I have to try that" image. Let me know if you have one!

Martha Stewart- Adorable "bookshelf armoire". Definately one to tuck away for a future project. Love the inside color.

Martha Stewart-
It is quite "the thing" to paint the inside a different color. For mine, since this inside color is-in-fact- the wall color I used I will skip it. I am really looking for book arrangement and how to showcase picture frames, and doo-dads. Not finding it yet.

Martha Stewart- What can I say? When you seek out inspiration- you go to Martha! Check out that floor! If they can do it on the floor, I can do it on my walls! All books, no doo-dads. But I do so love the jar of rocks!

Martha Stewart- Ahhh, finally some ways to balance items and books. However, not too inspiring.


Real Simple Magazine- The first picture that made my heart go pitter pat. Is it the aqua and white combo? Love the boxes. Love the creamware. My books are not all cream though. Still some good visaul stimulation.

I will keep searching. If you would like to help, email me your bookshelf or a picture of one you find particularly inspiring!

2 comments:

Liz R. said...

it might take a lot of time, but it would be cool to make fabric book covers for the books out of fun fabric. i guess you could just do the spines w/ paper or something too. (i'm just thinking of the pic w/ all of the cream colored books). i don't think it would be hard. . .

Unknown said...

I LOVE those pics...