Sunday, May 25, 2008

Asian Inspiration

I promise to stop boring you and this will be my last post from our trip! If you notice the time that this is posted, 5:20 AM, I am still suffering from jet lag. Not the kind of jet lag where you sleep all day, but I've been up since 2:30. Church should be fun in just a few hours.
Anyhow, below are some pictures of things that caught my attention and quite often took my breath away. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
This was a ceiling at the Shinto shrine is Asakusa

Okay...I know it is cheesy...but I loved this window at Disneyland, I loved the shape of the sign too.
At DisneySea they were having a Spring Carnival, with gardens throughout. I loved this topiary scene. I am kicking myself for not picking up the miniature Christmas ornament version.
The most beautiful Begonias I have EVER seen.
This crystal and feather chandelier was above each table in the restaurant in our Hong Kong hotel.

This was just a poster on the wall of a train station. The colors, and of course the roses drew me right in.

It is your run of the mill hotel flower arrangement, but I threw this picture in to remember the intoxicating scent that lingered throughout. Delicious!

These tiles were on the 7th floor of a rickety, old building. The elevator door opened and the walls adorned these beauties. Couldn't you just see them in a bathroom?

As you may remember, we were on the trip for Mother's Day. These baskets full of flowers and fruit were so charming. I had this OR a Tiffany bracelet on my list...I got neither!

Flower markets always make me stop in my tracks. I think it is the abundant colors, mixed with the galvanized buckets. Markets like these line the train stations. No excuse for a man to bring his gal fresh flowers! (hint hint)

So...it pleases me to know that IF we move to Japan, there will be plenty of inspiration popping up everywhere. As a matter of fact I went into a small drugstore-like shop in Yokohama and they carried an entire line of Cath Kidston items! Yay!

2 comments:

tammy said...

Never apologize!!! This was a HUGE trip for you. You have come away not feeling scared of the place that you possibly may move. How empowering is that?!?! Besides, I love to see your pictures!!!

Jan said...

Lovely.